Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
ell, i'm no photoshop expert but i know i little about it, i've got as far as placing the images on a canvas but the colours don't match up is there anyway to correct the colours to make them match ?
Cheers

So to combine 3 images so to produce something like this, for example

Attachments

• yangshuo_rio_pan1.jpg
    yangshuo_rio_pan1.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 197

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Macmadant said:
ell, i'm no photoshop expert but i know i little about it, i've got as far as placing the images on a canvas but the colours don't match up is there anyway to correct the colours to make them match ?
Cheers

So to combine 3 images so to produce something like this, for example

Google "enblend."

You can also try Calico.

This is 6 images around and one up, perfectly blended with enblend.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    60.4 KB · Views: 406

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
iGary said:
Google "enblend."

You can also try Calico.

This is 6 images around and one up, perfectly blended with enblend.

attachment.php

Cheers igary, i think i'll go with calico, unless you think enbled is better btw could you answer this question in this thread

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Macmadant said:
Cheers igary, i think i'll go with calico, unless you think enbled is better btw could you answer this question in this thread

Yikes, not much of a designer here - but hopefuly BV or Lau will answer - they are both truly talented.

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
iGary said:
Yikes, not much of a designer here - but hopefuly BV or Lau will answer - they are both truly talented.
lol, thanks anyway i'll post my image when i finish it

mcmadhatter

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2005
Bath, UK
There is a guide to doing panoramas in photoshop manually
In this thread (down the bottom)

I find that with the gradient blending mehtod, the colours blend pretty well, I guess it doesn't solve the root problem of different colours though, what camera are you using? you could try locking the exposure settings in future.

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
mcmadhatter said:
There is a guide to doing panoramas in photoshop manually
In this thread (down the bottom)

I find that with the gradient blending mehtod, the colours blend pretty well, I guess it doesn't solve the root problem of different colours though, what camera are you using? you could try locking the exposure settings in future.

Cheers,
BTW iGary when i used both Pieces of software i get an error message, am i doing anything wrong, i just dragged the images onto the drop zone in both pieces of software, do i have to do something special the messages are below including the preview icons i arranged on the desktop, i don't know if you can see but the colours aren't that much off but still noticeable my camera is a Casio 6m pixel don't have a clue which model will have to check

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 131

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
Cooknn said:
Not sure without being in front of my Mac at home, but I think Enblend requires TIFF.
Yes it said something about that in the error log, looks like enblend is out of the picture:D

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
still no luck, this is in enblend:mad: am i doing something wrong am i meant to have it set on something on my camera

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 113

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
21stcenturykid said:
try panorama maker it came packaged with my Nikon coolpix. its very good! i dont know if you can d/l it anywhere but i do recomend it!
Thanks, but if I'm going to do it without those free ones i'll do it in photoshop,
nonetheless thanks for the info

qpawn

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2003
California
When shooting panos, I always make sure I overlap my images by at least 33%. My point and shoot even has a tic-tac-toe board overlay that i use to help. :)

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
Another tip: never use automatic anything for Pano. photos. ALWAYS have the camera in full manual so that the exposure doesn't change as you move the camera.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Cameront9 said:
never use automatic anything for Pano
Heh. Yeah, I'm learning that even after shooting pano's for almost two years.

forgive me if I hijack this thread... I shoot in manual, but have had White Balance set to Auto on my D70s. As I become more experienced, I also become more critical of my own work. Dealing with pink and blue digital images is starting to piss me off :cool: Time to get back in to learning mode. I may have to bite the bullet and start shooting in RAW at the expense of time added to my pano work flow.

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
qpawn said:
When shooting panos, I always make sure I overlap my images by at least 33%. My point and shoot even has a tic-tac-toe board overlay that i use to help. :)
Yes i have overlapped my photos but i don't know what i'm doing wrong in calico ??? is says it has no images matching when i try to align them as shown in my above post

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Cooknn said:
Heh. Yeah, I'm learning that even after shooting pano's for almost two years.

forgive me if I hijack this thread... I shoot in manual, but have had White Balance set to Auto on my D70s. As I become more experienced, I also become more critical of my own work. Dealing with pink and blue digital images is starting to piss me off :cool: Time to get back in to learning mode. I may have to bite the bullet and start shooting in RAW at the expense of time added to my pano work flow.

I always wondered how you were so efficient - actually impressed and amazed. I always end up shooting in RAW because Hans, Eric and the other gurus beat it into me, but then ai did a few houses in jpg. I was hell, this is so fracking quick. :D

Then, yeah, the realization came in.

I shhot in AV at f9.0 (because I don't have as nice a lense as Cooknn) and usually dial in at .5 focus. That usualy worked, but jpg just doesn't work for me usually - and Cooknn is right, the more you do it, the more flaws you find.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.