Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laclark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Iowa City, IA U.S.A.
I travel with my Mac laptop and import the pictures I take each day into its iPhoto library, then name and edit the photos while they're still fresh in my memory. When I get home, I'd like an easy way to get all those named and edited photos (about 500 on my last trip) into the iPhoto library on my desktop, but I haven't been able to figure how to do that. Can anyone help?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Maybe select all the photos in iPhoto on the laptop, Export them from the File or Share menu (depends on the version of iPhoto) to a folder on your other Mac and then drag that folder into iPhoto. That should retain all your changes, I think. :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Do you have an external HD?

You could use iPhoto Buddy and create a library on it where you can put all your laptop photos on it, plug the external HD into the desktop, and access that same library via your home computer. :) Drag the photos from iPhoto and onto your desktop, then open up your home computer's iPhoto library and drag them from your desktop into that library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.