Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
When a phone call (or Facetime I assume too) comes in, it's in "mini mode". Great. Looks cool.

But say I want to switch the call to speaker instead of iPhone. It changes to full-screen mode and I can't see a way to get back to mini mode.

Is it even possible or is it only when the call comes in and if you touch anything, it's normal mode again?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
When a phone call (or Facetime I assume too) comes in, it's in "mini mode". Great. Looks cool.

But say I want to switch the call to speaker instead of iPhone. It changes to full-screen mode and I can't see a way to get back to mini mode.

Is it even possible or is it only when the call comes in and if you touch anything, it's normal mode again?
It's mainly for the incoming call part of it. When in a call you can essentially go to the home page which will keep the call in the background and accessible from the status bar, essentially just like it worked before.

eyespy03

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2020
If you want to change it back to the way it was - go to Settings=> Phone => Incoming Calls => Choose between Banner and Full Screen

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
If you want to change it back to the way it was - go to Settings=> Phone => Incoming Calls => Choose between Banner and Full Screen
No, it's not that I don't like the banner format, just wondered if it was possible to take a full-screen phone call and make it banner instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.