Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpAtZ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
NY
I need some help picking out which photos to enter in a photo competition in the high school level. Due to the short notice of the competion, I only have these to choose from.
Last year I came in second with the black and white photo below.

img4503ax6.jpg

Below are the ones that are ready to be entered. I can only enter 2. I am pretty set on using the dragon fly. Which ones do you guys think I should use?

img6465ps7.jpg

img3615mv5.jpg

img5260sa4.jpg

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
That last bird looks like it has another bird's head coming out of it's head...took me a while to realise it was actually the beak. :eek:

I'd agree with the decision to go with the dragonfly picture, it's stunning. :)

SpAtZ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
NY
I'm definatly using the Dragon Fly. But what about the other two, which one do you guys like better. I need to choose one more.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
That last bird looks like it has another bird's head coming out of it's head...took me a while to realise it was actually the beak. :eek:
I was thinking the exact same thing! I vote for the third, it's interesting once one realizes that it's a beak, however the other feathers are a bit distracting. The first photo has good photographic technique, and the dragonfly is stunning. Is it even worth it to submit a second picture?

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
The last one for sure, the first one doesn't have a point of interest and the composition isn't there, the first bird is ok, but the crop's a little tight, the last one has a visually interesting subject and the eye looks great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.