Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Hello,

I see that here in Europe preorder for new Comply Foam Ear Tips 2.0 just started on Amazon.de:

I know that in North America this product is available.

So, what guys are your opinions on this?

Does it solved your fit ear tips test problems?

Are they worth buying?

I just ordered mine for 28th October.

Regards,
J.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I rec'd mine and they appear to fit on the Air Pods much better than v1
They feel the same and seem to perform well.

Jssmith83

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
I bought some and I'm on the fence about them. They fit better in my ear than the silicone ones do, but after a while they start to hurt. Unlike the silicone tips, these have a hard center tube in the middle which starts to hurt my ears after a while of wearing them. I'm currently torn on which to do. The Silicone doesn't hurt, but they feel like they might slip out sometimes, or do I use the foam tips that feel secure but hurt? I wish I could just take the core out of the foam and it would work wonders.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I bought some and I'm on the fence about them. They fit better in my ear than the silicone ones do, but after a while they start to hurt. Unlike the silicone tips, these have a hard center tube in the middle which starts to hurt my ears after a while of wearing them. I'm currently torn on which to do. The Silicone doesn't hurt, but they feel like they might slip out sometimes, or do I use the foam tips that feel secure but hurt? I wish I could just take the core out of the foam and it would work wonders.
note there is a video somewhere around here that shows cutting the foam parts, of a different brand, out and installing them on the apple tips

RedGT

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2014
London innit
note there is a video somewhere around here that shows cutting the foam parts, of a different brand, out and installing them on the apple tips
I saw that vid but I couldn’t be bothered to by foam ones and then try and butcher them. Instead I got some old skool foam ones and ripped a hole in them and then
managed tuck them in behind apple’s silicon ones....and it did make a great difference, the seemed to feel a lot more comfortable and the seal in the ear was a lot better.

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
I bought them. Had the originals as well. The originals definitely fell off the AirPods Pro way too easily. They would come off in my ear or just taking them out of the case. The new ones clip on and stay on and fit great. I use them every day.

Reactions: Complex757

perezr10

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I‘ve been using mine for a week. I love them now. The noise cancellation is amazingly better than ever. And they don’t slide out of my ear like the original silicone ones.

No, the ear tip test didn’t work. But that hasn’t worked with the originals, Dekoni’s or Comply’s. Since my AirPods sound great I don’t worry about the test.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minarets

Natzoo

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
I just paid 8 bucks for my replacement tips, I guess I’ll keep them since I lost them. How are these?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I got the 2.0 since they announced it and so far I have been using it. Bass is way better on these than the one on stock (silicon). Also better noise cancellation than stock (silicon).

I've had issues with silicon as sometimes it irritates my ear, but the memory foam on the comply tip does not and is really comfortable to my ears and its like I can have it in my ear all day and not notice that it's there.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I‘ve been using mine for a week. I love them now. The noise cancellation is amazingly better than ever. And they don’t slide out of my ear like the original silicone ones.

No, the ear tip test didn’t work. But that hasn’t worked with the originals, Dekoni’s or Comply’s. Since my AirPods sound great I don’t worry about the test.
That will be the design flaw due to ear wax.

Get some blue tack and stick it on the microphone grille that goes near your ear, remove it and repeat about 10 times on each side. The test will pass, I guarantee it.

hsouris

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
I got ’em. Fit slightly better for me. Not a spectacular difference, though.

Two problems though: a) they don’t quite fit in the case, and I had to instances where the lid wasn’t fully closed, thus draining the battery completely.
b) they fell apart pretty quickly (as in worn out). Switched back to the originals now.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
The only difference between V1 and V2 is the way they attach to the AirPods. I didn’t find V1 were worth the price so certainly won’t be buying V2.

Additionally although Comply admitted the V1 was a potential health risk they did not recall them or offer to replace them. Not a company I feel comfortable dealing with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.