Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Hi, i have bought mbp 16,2 2021 and afete that i have noticed that Apple warranty starts with the shipment date.
Not with the delivery date?
Has somebody experienced same issue?

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hi, i have bought mbp 16,2 2021 and afete that i have noticed that Apple warranty starts with the shipment date.
Not with the delivery date?
Has somebody experienced same issue?

I had an issue with one of my first gen AirPods... I procrastinated and didn't contact Apple until 2 days after the warranty expired (based on ship date - was the last day for coverage based on receive date). Apple covered the issue and replaced the defective AirPod.

The rep that I spoke with stated that Apple cannot always predict the delivery date with 100% accuracy due to weather delays and other issues (the current pandemic situation is also a factor)... but went on to say that they always try to be flexible with this issue.

How may times do devices break down within a day or two of the warranty expiration, anyway? A two or three day "grace" period should be pretty standard, IMO.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
I had an issue with one of my first gen AirPods... I procrastinated and didn't contact Apple until 2 days after the warranty expired (based on ship date - was the last day for coverage based on receive date). Apple covered the issue and replaced the defective AirPod.

The rep that I spoke with stated that Apple cannot always predict the delivery date with 100% accuracy due to weather delays and other issues (the current pandemic situation is also a factor)... but went on to say that they always try to be flexible with this issue.

How may times do devices break down within a day or two of the warranty expiration, anyway? A two or three day "grace" period should be pretty standard, IMO.
Thanks for reply

Bodhitree

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
It’s also worth being up to date on consumer law in your country. In the EU electronic goods have to come with a 2 year warranty by law, while Apple still advertises a 1 year ‘limited warranty’ inside the OS.

If you have a problem during the second year, just mention the consumer law standpoint to the Apple support people and they’ll be happy to help you.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Actually first i tought that is there anybody activated the device before

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Actually, I would've thought that the warranty would start on the day you purcahsed it, just like it would if you bought the computer in-person.

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
btw, you typically have 60 days to get AppleCare+ with no questions asked. If you do so, the AppleCare+ coverage period starts from when you sign up for AppleCare+, not from when you bought the machine, giving you up to 60 days extra coverage.

ptfuzi

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2019
btw, you typically have 60 days to get AppleCare+ with no questions asked. If you do so, the AppleCare+ coverage period starts from when you sign up for AppleCare+, not from when you bought the machine, giving you up to 60 days extra coverage.
The normal AppleCare you can activate it within the first year, but it starts counting from the day you bought it.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Date of purchase is the shipment date. It is the same day you are charged for the product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.