Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenan24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2023
Hello all,

I recently purchased an iPhone 13 Pro and noticed that the model number is not one of the standard ones like M, N, F etc. My model number is 3K555LL/A. Can anyone provide any insight on what this model number means and if it's a valid iPhone 13 Pro model?

Thank you in advance.

kenan24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2023
It's a store demo unit.
Is there anything wrong with those phones, I don't have official resellers around me so I can't go in store and talk to an Apple representative easily.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Is there anything wrong with those phones, I don't have official resellers around me so I can't go in store and talk to an Apple representative easily.

No idea. I'll let somebody chime in. Could be repair eligibility or future activation issues.

kenan24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2023
No idea. I'll let somebody chime in. Could be repair eligibility or future activation issues.
I don't have the device in hand right now but when i enter Apple Support and check the phone this comes up
1675469571613.png

1675469591220.png

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Looks like you are set... You can purchase AppleCare to add to the original warranty.
That would not be possible, unless Apple accepted the serial number as a valid iPhone.
That should settle at least part of your question from your OP.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Store demos “Can” be reset & sold. Often, they’re just stolen so… kind of a mixed bag. Personally I would only buy one directly from the store it came from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.