Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ironic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
In my MBA!
I bought the rebal, no need a small pocket camera and read some of the reviews, think the new Nikon S60 or the Sony T77, the sony is smaller but still rather have SD cards as I have a few Wi fi ones.

Please give me a good idea for just ebay pics and such.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Just curious: why do you need a pocket camera for eBay pics when you have a DSLR? I've often wished that sellers on eBay would learn how to take a decent picture and would invest in a proper camera to do so. Maybe you need a pocket camera for other reasons, but use the DSLR for eBay!

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I bought the rebal, no need a small pocket camera and read some of the reviews, think the new Nikon S60 or the Sony T77, the sony is smaller but still rather have SD cards as I have a few Wi fi ones.

Please give me a good idea for just ebay pics and such.

Best to read the reviews at http://www.dpreview.com

I wouldn't us a small P&S for eBay pics. I always take care with lighting and background and use an SLR for ebay. People really do like to see what they are getting. The P&S is for when you are away from home and can't bring your big camera. I'm looking for one too. So far I like the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3

Which is best all depends on how you intend to use the camera

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I would recommend the canon sd series or even the G9 for something really great, slightly bigger, but still in the P&S department.

As for eBay, I don't care what you use but its clear people do. This is new to me. ;)

Ironic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
In my MBA!
I need apocket camera for weekends and just out with friends, I need something that will fit nice in a pants pocket thinking of a sony T77, or the new nickon s60, the reviews were not that good on the nikon.

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Canon SD1100IS...just bought one for my wife, and it's very good. Excellent IQ, decent noise performance, fast, small, wide-ish lens, IS works nicely down to 1/6s...oh, and cheap.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I need apocket camera for weekends and just out with friends, I need something that will fit nice in a pants pocket thinking of a sony T77, or the new nickon s60, the reviews were not that good on the nikon.

I tried a bunch of different P&S and have a Nikon L3 (that I bought to replace a Canon) - haven't been too impressed with it. I ended up buying a Canon P&S to replace the Nikon. I took pics for our flying club's website with it:

http://www.neoflites.com

So that's the pic quality - really like it.

I've also had good experience with Kodak (the best "cheap" ones I think).

My friend has a Panasonic - great Leica glass, but the pics are a bit noisy.

Another friend has a Casio - seems okay, but those seem to have a lot of jaggies. :confused:

I just got a cheap Canon Powershot A470 for work from Amazon for like $85 - great also.

I say go with Canons or Kodak (if you're on a tighter budget).

Bodine

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2007
I am a fan of Canon PowerShots for small point and shoot camera's. I have the SD800 IS and the picture quality is very good and it has optical image stabilization.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Personally I like the Canon Powershot line. The Digic III is an amazing chip and, in my opinion, outperforms anything else.

Kodak, HP and Polaroid all make garbage cameras. The picture quality isn't that great and they will break within a year, longer if you're lucky.

DP Review actually just did a review of some Ultra-Compacts today: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408slimgroup/

Gizmodo did a similar review yesterday: http://gizmodo.com/5101649/the-ultimate-250-camera-shoot+out
Look who was a joint winner in dpreviews and winner in gizmodos. Doesn't surprise me at all. Great camera.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Personally I like the Canon Powershot line. The Digic III is an amazing chip and, in my opinion, outperforms anything else.

Kodak, HP and Polaroid all make garbage cameras. The picture quality isn't that great and they will break within a year, longer if you're lucky.

Look who was a joint winner in dpreviews and winner in gizmodos. Doesn't surprise me at all. Great camera.

Actually, Gizmondos liked the Kodak too, for the low price... I had a Kodak way way back then when 1.3 megapixels was "high end" :eek: and it worked great with nice quality.

My friends have a cheap 3 Megapixel older Kodak and it works great after 4 years. Definitely good cameras compared to other low end ones.

Of course, it's a lot better to spend the extra 20 bucks for a low end Canon... :)

Ironic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
In my MBA!
I used the nikon s60 and the sony t700 and the pics are much better on the sony...so it will be here Monday Thanks all!

atlanticza

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Cape Town

Ah, just depends on how deep your pockets are!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.