Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
Hi, I'm going to Australia this summer and I was looking for a nice digital camera. I'm a student, so I'm not buying an SLR. However I do enjoy filming video, too, and that's why I am considering the samsung NV24HD

It costs about 380 euros over here, which is pricey, but within my budget. The ability to shoot clear HD video (720p) and the convenient features (dual stabilisation, a lot of intelligent shooting options, bright AMOLED screen, 10MP) make it seem a very good camera for the price.

Does any one have experience with these? Are there things I should worry about before buying? It's my first camera (for me) so I could really use some advice.

MyMac8MyPC

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2007
I haven't used one myself, but I do know people that have one and they've posted examples of what it can do. Very impressive for sure. I do plan on getting this camera in about a month or so. It has some features that no other camera has. Samsung has publicly said that they plan to be number one in digital photography by 2010, and it's well with-in their reach with offerings like this one. In a year or two they should be offering a 12 meg version of this camera and THAT will be an incredible camera. For now though I think this camera will suit me just fine, especially with it's Hi-Def video feature. I can't wait to use the AMOLED screen, dual Image Stabilization and the Smart Touch user interface, all wrapped up in a sexy brushed black, stainless steel body :D

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Check out the dpreview "Other Digicams" forum. I would think it has too many magapixels for such a small sensor, but the 24mm and 720p makes it interesting. Maybe the NV30 takes better pictures, but I wouldn't like to be limited to 37mm for Australia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.