Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
There is very annoying bug in latest release of i(Pad)OS 14.2.
Selecting recipient group in Mail app showing that is empty, even in Contacts apps is full of contacts. I hope Apple release fix ASAP.

Reactions: BCCISProf

jcinaz

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2019
Paulden, AZ
I have the same problem. It even showed up in macOS 11, but after rebooting the Mac, that problem went away. No amount of rebooting the iPad or iPhone fixes this bug. Others have confirmed it.

Attachments

• iOS Groups.jpg
    iOS Groups.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: BCCISProf

itzawrap

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2020
I updated to iOS 14.2 the other day and immediately my Contacts/Groups became empty. So I cannot send out an email to one of my groups (and there are many I've created over the years). This is another 'gift' Apple is giving for the holiday season, another broken piece of software to add to the collection of things they break in their endeavor to become more Microsoft like every year. Congratulations Cook & Company.

Reactions: Mr Todhunter

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Mine seems to work fine. Two groups and I can select either and see contacts in just that group. As a side note, adding a contact now seems to be added to whatever group you have selected now instead of the "all contacts" forcing you to go to iCloud web and add to whatever group you want.

SusieP

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2020
Same here, I tried to send to a group today, and was told ‘there are no members’ in the group. When I look up the group in ‘contacts’ they’re still there (thank goodness) but Mail can’t see them. How irritating. Please, Apple, fix this quickly and stop trying to get so clever! I’m turning off automatic updates........

Reactions: uandme72
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.