Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vicktr4w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2021
Hello,

I have an iPhone 11 and since a month ago my contactless does not longer work. That means I can't make any payments using my phone. When I approach the phone to a terminal, it does not even do the "ping" sound. I am using the phone in the same places I used to buy when it worked so it can't be a terminal point of sale issue. In addition, I removed the cards and added them again.

On the other hand, I reset the phone and called Apple to run diagnostics. Apple confirmed me that the diagnostics went well and that it should be a hardware problem. Thus, I should take it to the place I purchased it from. My warranty expires in 5 months or so and the shop told me that it'll take at least a month to get it fixed and they won't give me another phone for the time being.

To conclude, I am inclined towards fixing it but being a month or more without my phone and not having a second phone hand, do not help. I've got used again to pay with my physical card, but it was kind of handy to pay with the phone.

Have you ever had this problem? Do you know any other fix that it could work?

Thank you

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Stupid question, you are double pressing the side button to bring up your cards right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.