Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
I use Outlook.com for email, and have my account setup on my Mac as a Microsoft Exchange account.
With that, I have Email, Outlook, and Calendar configured for my account.

On MBP, I use the default Mail client, default Calendar client, and the default Contact client.
IF I enter a new contact via the Contact app on my MBP, once saved, said contact will disappear, and not show on my other Apple devices with the same account.

However, IF, I create the contact on my iOS device (or via OWA), I will after a few minutes see it in Contacts on my MBP. Any ideas why this is happening?

My Mac is running the latest OS. It is a MBP 13" M1.

PS: Not sure if this is the correct section of the forums. Thus, feel free to move, etcetera.

InnocenceMyth

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'm not sure where this setting is located since I only have one account attached to the contacts app on my Mac, but if you have more than one account , including an "on my Mac" account, you can choose the default account, which is where new contacts will go. It's possible that on your Mac you are saving new contacts to a local account which will not sync anywhere.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
I'm not sure where this setting is located since I only have one account attached to the contacts app on my Mac, but if you have more than one account , including an "on my Mac" account, you can choose the default account, which is where new contacts will go. It's possible that on your Mac you are saving new contacts to a local account which will not sync anywhere.
...thanks for the tip. Sadly, I only have one account on my devices. Thus, Outlook Dot Com is the default account.
A rather weird one this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.