Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ilfracombe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
I have just discovered that for the past month or so, contacts are not syncing from my iPhone SE to my iCloud. All other syncing, included iCloud to iPhone is fine. The problem is just from iPhone to iCloud.

I'm running the latest system software.

I've tried everything suggested by Apple here:

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Apple Support

But still have the problem.

This is quite serious. Can anybody help?

Ilfracombe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
Thanks for answering. I'm not sure what you mean by Groups. There is ICLOUD, and then underneath that, 'All iCloud', and all the groups that I have made. There are no other groups at the same level as ICLOUD, if that is what you mean

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
Are the settings right?
Settings > contacts > accounts > icloud > 'button Contacts' is green?
Settings > iCloud > 'button Contacts' is green?

if both are green, what of this:
Settings > contacts > default account
If you change this, does it change anything? (normally, it shouldn't as far as i know, but you might give it a try).

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks for answering. I'm not sure what you mean by Groups. There is ICLOUD, and then underneath that, 'All iCloud', and all the groups that I have made. There are no other groups at the same level as ICLOUD, if that is what you mean

That's exactly what I mean.

Are you editing any contacts on the iPhone itself? Sometimes I have to make a change on a contact on the iPhone to get my Google contacts to update.

Ilfracombe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
Yes, I've tried all sorts of things. If I add contacts they don't sync to iCloud. If I edit contacts that are already on iCloud, the edits don't appear.
[doublepost=1491612741][/doublepost]
Are the settings right?
Settings > contacts > accounts > icloud > 'button Contacts' is green?
Settings > iCloud > 'button Contacts' is green?

if both are green, what of this:
Settings > contacts > default account
If you change this, does it change anything? (normally, it shouldn't as far as i know, but you might give it a try).

Yep, these are all green, and there is only one account, the iCloud. And I don't really want to change that.

Ilfracombe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
I don't think it was suggested at the Apple Support site you mentioned...have you signed out of iCloud completely on every device and then back in?
Thanks. Yes, a friend suggested that. I did it, but problem remains.
[doublepost=1491704470][/doublepost]
Sorry for the obvious, but are you using the same Apple ID or iCloud address on all devices?
Thanks. Yes I am. I am using a mac.com address for all. I never touch the me.com or iCloud.com addresses. However, Apple does occasionally default to those within its systems, so your question is not so trivial. (And there is nothing wrong with 'obvious' points, as those are the ones that get overlooked.
[doublepost=1491704765][/doublepost]I spent 98 minutes on webchat with Apple Support about this. (Each time I got passed to the level above, I had to repeat the problem, plus I got cut off twice for not answering within the time limit). And then a phone call.
The issue has been passed to 'engineers', who will eventually contact me for ID.
Personally, I think I have to do a factory restore at the very least. But I'm fed up with it today, and I'll just wait to see what Apple have to say. The support process was awful but they are at least taking the issue seriously, or appear to be.

Reactions: bopajuice

drock82

macrumors member
May 1, 2015
Did you ever find a solution??

Thanks. Yes, a friend suggested that. I did it, but problem remains.
[doublepost=1491704470][/doublepost]
Thanks. Yes I am. I am using a mac.com address for all. I never touch the me.com or iCloud.com addresses. However, Apple does occasionally default to those within its systems, so your question is not so trivial. (And there is nothing wrong with 'obvious' points, as those are the ones that get overlooked.
[doublepost=1491704765][/doublepost]I spent 98 minutes on webchat with Apple Support about this. (Each time I got passed to the level above, I had to repeat the problem, plus I got cut off twice for not answering within the time limit). And then a phone call.
The issue has been passed to 'engineers', who will eventually contact me for ID.
Personally, I think I have to do a factory restore at the very least. But I'm fed up with it today, and I'll just wait to see what Apple have to say. The support process was awful but they are at least taking the issue seriously, or appear to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.