Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G-Funk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Miami , FL
I have noticed that my iMac pro won't recognize my iPhone 12 Pro after MacOS Big Sur Upgrade , i cannot connect to the phone to use its hotspot nor am i able to use continuity or initiate phone calls . my other Macs ( MacBook Pro's & iPad Pro ) seems to be working just fine in recognizing my iPhone 12 Pro even without being on the same network !

I have tried logging out and re login again into my Apple ID on the iMac but that didn't resolve the matter , even rebooting couple of times ! any suggestions on getting this feature to work again on my iMac Pro ?

Thanks

G-Funk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Miami , FL
Got the issue resolved after chatting with Apple Support , they have advised me to shut down the Mac and turn it on and immediately press and hold command -option/alt - r until you see a spinning globe. then try to connect to your iPhone (using the sane Apple ID as your Mac ) hotspot from the drop down list ( it should be able to connect ) then reboot your Mac and log in normally , you should be able to see your iPhone in the preferred wifi hotspots and continuity should work normally back again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.