Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DR2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
New York City
One of the new changes in watch OS 4 is an addition of new icons to the control center. The ones that I use the most is Silent mode and Water mode. Now both of those are below the fold.

I can't find a way to re-order them. There isn't one, is there? A bit of a bummer.

Reactions: profets

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I was looking for the exact same thing, couldn't find an option. I also use Silent most frequently and now it needs to be scrolled to.

Reactions: DR2000

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2012
You click on the watch app, then dock, and select favorites and you can order them there.

mcaswell

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2013
Came here looking to post the same thing... the two Control Center items I use most often (silent mode and water lock) require a scroll down to see. Wish I could reorder to drop down things I rarely use, like theater and airplane. Doesn't look like you can though. :(

repoman016

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2017
Ohio
Dangit, I just posted a thread about this because I couldn't find any on this topic. Why does Apple think im going to use this gimmick of a flashlight more than the water/screen lock?
swipe up click was nice. swipe up, scroll down, click is not so convenient.

Aleks65

macrumors member
May 14, 2015
Canada
What does water lock do anyway?

Water lock basically disables the "touch screen" so that when in water, the water itself doesn't interact with the touch screen. Tapping on the screen can turn the screen on but won't allow you to interact with it, raising the wrist still works too. Once you exit Water Lock mode, it plays a high pitched sound from the speaker that ends up expelling whatever water was in the speaker enclosure, you can actually see/hear it work.

Only Series 2 and Series 3 have this option.

jags828

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
I use the water lock feature to change bands, that way you don’t open any apps or text random people when switching out bands.

Reactions: gjr74

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2015
Totally agree.

Oversight by Apple to not have the feature to arrange the order of icons , especially as they’ve added more.

What I find is when I scroll up with my finger to activate silent mode , I accidentally touch another icon & switch it on. I know you can use the crown , but this is not the answer.

You’d of thought this feature would’ve appeared in 4.1 , but alas. Can’t see it happening now until about 4.2 , & that’s only if Apple see it as a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.