Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tfosorcim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
Chicago
Does anyone know of a way to control iTunes on an iPad remotely?
I have my iPad connected to my home stereo and I'd like to control iTunes on that iPad with either my iPhone, Mac or Windows computer. I also have an Apple watch if that makes a difference.

I'm aware of the Apple Remote app, though that appears to only allow you to control a library on your computer or control an AppleTV remotely.

If not, does anyone know of a physical remote control that'll work with a 9.7" iPad (MR7F2LL/A)?

Thanks in advance.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Does anyone know of a way to control iTunes on an iPad remotely?
I have my iPad connected to my home stereo and I'd like to control iTunes on that iPad with either my iPhone, Mac or Windows computer. I also have an Apple watch if that makes a difference.

I'm aware of the Apple Remote app, though that appears to only allow you to control a library on your computer or control an AppleTV remotely.

If not, does anyone know of a physical remote control that'll work with a 9.7" iPad (MR7F2LL/A)?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Satechi-Bluetooth-Multi-Media-compatible-Microsoft/dp/B00824948U

‘didn’t check for other options but looks like that would work - I guess a cheap BT keyboard with media controls would too - but a stand-alone remote seems convenient

Reactions: Tfosorcim

Tfosorcim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
Chicago
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.