Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
Is there any way to control my Nikon D50 with my MBP? As in when it is attached with the USB cable, can i adjust aperture, shutter speed and all the electronic settings without touching it, and then take pictures as well. So if i am taking a multi shot HDR, or anything else that i don't not want shake from?

zdobson

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
Indiana
Check the software that came with the camera. I shoot Canon and the software it came with three years ago allows me to do that.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
As of Leopard, you can supposedly do this using Image Capture. You probably need to switch your camera's connection mode to PTP as well, rather than Mass Storage.

It's one of those new features I've been meaning to try but haven't got 'round to it yet™.

Crawn2003

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
Santa Rosa, California
No, NX doesn't do tethered shooting, NCC is the Nikon answer. But with Bibble Pro you get 3rd party lens correction and better cross-platform support than Nik software's currently offering.

You're right, it was Nikon Capture Control that I was thinking of.

I'm so used to using the Fuji Hyper Utility that I don't even bother with the Nikon side much anymore...

~Crawn

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
As of Leopard, you can supposedly do this using Image Capture. You probably need to switch your camera's connection mode to PTP as well, rather than Mass Storage.

Image Capture works fine with my D50. But it is very primitive. The only thing it can do is trip the shutter. No control of the other camera settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.