Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Halcyon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
I have an old Canon Powershot A520 and would like to use it as a webcam. Is it possible to do this? Would special software be needed?

I know I can get a cheap webcam and problem solved, but I need to use some of the features the camera has...and if I can use what I have at hand for this project, well, why not :)

TIA

regan2

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2005
hyde park, ny
i've never heard of anyone doing this... there are some canon's though that have a software live feed from the camera, for say drivers license photos, but it's probably a bit more high-end and not available for mac.

I have an old Canon Powershot A520 and would like to use it as a webcam. Is it possible to do this? Would special software be needed?

I know I can get a cheap webcam and problem solved, but I need to use some of the features the camera has...and if I can use what I have at hand for this project, well, why not :)

TIA

Halcyon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
"live feed" is the key word...I'm looking into software that does this and that will be compatible with my OS and canon camera.

I'll post results after investigating and trying some of this software.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.