Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

midcity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2023
I use Carbon Copy Cloner for cloning entire drives, but what is a good software to sync a selection of files and folders only?

I want to be able to copy 10-15 folders from one drive to another and only have the changed files updated. I don't want to clone the entire drive, because the drives are not identical in other directories, and these folders are several TB, so replacing them takes hours. These are important files so I'm not comfortable using coding that I don't understand. Looking for an app...

Ventura OS rarely gives me the "merge" option.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I use Carbon Copy Cloner for cloning entire drives, but what is a good software to sync a selection of files and folders only?

I want to be able to copy 10-15 folders from one drive to another and only have the changed files updated. I don't want to clone the entire drive, because the drives are not identical in other directories, and these folders are several TB, so replacing them takes hours. These are important files so I'm not comfortable using coding that I don't understand. Looking for an app...

Ventura OS rarely gives me the "merge" option.
Edit: it looks like CCC won't do a smart merge like that, unfortunately. I use ChronoSync for this exact purpose, though.

Reactions: midcity
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.