Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blizzforte

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2020
I want to use my iPad Pro for offline Media and I would like to be able to copy folders with videos, music and photos with folders and sub folders from a Windows PC. On Android that’s no problem it’s simply drag and drop but how does it work with an iPad? Example of a folder I want to copy and access on the iPad offline: Soundcloud -> Artist 1, Artist 2, etc.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I want to use my iPad Pro for offline Media and I would like to be able to copy folders with videos, music and photos with folders and sub folders from a Windows PC. On Android that’s no problem it’s simply drag and drop but how does it work with an iPad? Example of a folder I want to copy and access on the iPad offline: Soundcloud -> Artist 1, Artist 2, etc.
Does drag and drop on iPad not work for you? Just wondering... 🤔

blizzforte

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2020
I can do that in the files app once files are there but I want to be able to manage orders from the PC.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA

Unlike Android where you can connect a device to a PC and directly see the folder/file structure and directly drag and drop into it, you can't do that with the iPad. To get music from the PC onto the iPad you'll have to use iTunes on the PC and the music will be in the iPad's music library. You can also use iTunes to move other files to apps. On the iPad, in Files you can create an SMB connection to your PC and copy files from the PC into Files.

Edit - Should add that the only path into the iPad Music Library for music files you have is through iTunes; there is no other copy method available. An alternative would be a 3rd party player with its own library, like Flacbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: secretk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.