Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevindosi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I recently bought a Canon Rebel XT, and I've already lost the cds it came with. How can I copy the images to my computer without the software the camera comes with?

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
When you connect the camera, double click the icon on the desktop untill your at the images on the card, then select all and drag and drop into your pictures folder or on your desktop, hope this helps a little.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I recently bought a Canon Rebel XT, and I've already lost the cds it came with. How can I copy the images to my computer without the software the camera comes with?

Here are several ways to do this
  1. Use Image capture
  2. Use iPhoto (it can be set to automatically download images when a camera is connected
  3. Buy a USB card reader then pull the card out of the camera and place it in the reader. It will appear as the "disk drive" on the desktop
  4. Set the camera to act like a mass storage device then it will appear as a disk.
  5. Go to the Canon web site and download the software. You do not need the CD. Canon puts it on the web as a free download

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
When you connect the camera, double click the icon on the desktop untill your at the images on the card, then select all and drag and drop into your pictures folder or on your desktop, hope this helps a little.

4. Set the camera to act like a mass storage device then it will appear as a disk.

Canon cameras do not act like an external drive, so these methods will not work.

Use image capture or iPhoto, or download the Canon software from their website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.