Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Hello all, I connected a USB Hard Drive formatted as Mac OS Journaled to my R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router. This is my first time doing this so I don't know much about doing this setup. On my Mac with OS Catalina 10.15, when I went to the Network folder, it shows as a PC icon with the label Readyshare automatically. I opened it but it's blank. There's a button on the top that says 'Connect as' and I tried clicking on it but it's not doing anything. I tried one of the support articles in Netgear that say to Select Go > Connect to Server, Enter smb://readyshare as the server address, and hit the Go button. I did that and a window popup for me to log in. I entered admin on the Name and on the password, I entered a password that I created so I entered that but for some reason, it's not letting me log in. I even tried the default password 'password' and it still wouldn't let me log in.

If I access my router setting on a browser, my login works, not sure why it's not working on the Go > Connect to Server route. Please review and advise. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.