Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniel_rodrigues

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
Hi

Im trying to access apple.discussions.com but when I log in,I get the following message: "

Could not open the page, too many redirects"

I am using Safari 11.0 on Mac OS Sierra. I have cleared my cookies and website data and still does not work. Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve?

thanks
Dan

Laisha

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2014
Far northern Maine.
Hi

Im trying to access apple.discussions.com but when I log in,I get the following message: "

I am using Safari 11.0 on Mac OS Sierra. I have cleared my cookies and website data and still does not work. Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve?

thanks
Dan

Hi, Dan,

Did you ever find out how to make that stop? It happens on MicroSoft's site as well, and I need to get in there.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hi

thanks
Dan
@Laisha
Did you quit the browser and then reopen after clearing the cookies/cache?

Last edited:

Zazoh

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
I think it may be the site. I had that yesterday, cleared website data and tried, only got in once yesterday, and just tried now. I don't get past clicking on Sign In.

I did change my Apple ID yesterday, same account different email. Everything else is working, just not discussions.apple.com, I assumed it was related to that, but maybe not.
[doublepost=1521206617][/doublepost]UPDATE, after clearing website data, I closed all open tabs and went to appleid.apple.com
Signed in, then opened a new tab on discussions and I was signed in automatically.

S8ER01Z

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
Have any of you tried to turn off "Prevent cross-site tracking"? It seems this is responsible for causing "too many redirect issues" with Google and numerous other sites.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.