Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spyderwalk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2022
Hey y'all,

So I moved to Germany and have a ton of American regional movies on my Apple TV. My girlfriend is German and I was hoping if I change the region to Germany, it will change the languages of the movies on my list to include a German dubbed version? An amazing bonus would be if it had English AND German, instead of English and Spanish. I was really hoping someone knew before I went to the trouble of changing the region. Also, is there a way to change the region while keeping the language as English (on the OS, etc)

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
The thing you have to bare in mind is that if if any of your Movies have a different distributor within Europe or even just Germany or if they simply just have a different store ID altogether then upon changing your region you may very well find that some movies may disappear from your library.
They’d of course still be attached to your account but only when set back to the US.
I think you’d need to be doing some research first before you do so.
You can easily check store IDs yourself by going to the store listing for each movie and copy the share link, then if your girlfriend has an iPhone that’s been setup as Germany being her region then you can do the same with her store app and then see if the IDs match for those same movies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.