Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsepolis123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2022
Polis
I have a couple of Qs, due to problems with my MacBook Pro with fans, battery, etc.

I have a backup, and I will get it to the service center, and wanted to reset it === Leave ONLY MacOS + App, all other data delete...

If I am having [currently have ONLY One Admin account] two Administrator User Accounts on my MacBook Pro, their user files, should be different and separate, or will have common/the same files?

Exist any method like in Windows 10, to RESET my MacBook Pro Monterey, so all Data gone and unrecoverable, also all Apps' personal files deleted, but the OS Operating System, macOS, and system files & Apps remain…?

Also, is any way along with MacOS, to keep my installed Apps but, WITHOUT my Apps' personal data…?

2022-03-21_12-34-21-no-serial.png

lsepolis123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2022
Polis

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

7 - Erase your Mac and reinstall macOS​

Follow the steps to erase your Mac and reinstall macOS.

After macOS installation is complete, your Mac restarts to a setup assistant. Press Command-Q to shut down instead of continuing setup.
===

Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac​

1. If you want to start up again from the disk you erased, select Reinstall macOS in the utilities window, then click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall macOS.

>>> AFTER I erase my MacBook Pro, Monterey --- needed to re-install macOS...?

Mac errors: like Fans battery etc. hardware problems -- can handle/fix even MacBook Pro is NOT installed macOS...?

Needed reinstall --- can restore [macOS + apps + data] from TM backup instead??? without reinstall???

lsepolis123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2022
Polis
Also,
After, Sign out from Apple ID - all data Notes, emails, iCloud data, are gone & removed from the Mac, correct?

AFTER I erase my MacBook Pro, Monterey --- needed to re-install macOS...? instead can I ... >>>
  • Needed reinstall --- can restore [macOS + apps + data] from TM backup instead??? without reinstall???
  • Mac errors: like Fans battery etc. hardware problems -- can handle/fix even MacBook Pro is NOT installed macOS...?

lsepolis123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2022
Polis
For debugging hardware problems, is it better not erase the OS MacOS, and just DELETE DATA.... as said above...?
Also, after fixed will Not needed to install macOS...correct?
Also, exist danger of failure during erase of macOS and have to replace SSD... correct?

lsepolis123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2022
Polis
I think bypass problem but again appeared: Problem here:
Link ===>
Problem Fan Sound -- MacBook Pro 15" Inte… - Apple Community
====
YouTube show problem:
my MBP2016 video

I have tried:

Problem Fan Sound -- MacBook Pro 15" Inte… - Apple Community

It is a FANs problem I think --- IN CASE of FANS are PROBLEMATIC - What is the symptom...?

Symptoms in my case
###################
A message appeared for the battery - I do NOT plan to change the battery
Fan problems - needed to be checked
Sometimes fans stop and a sound listen, after fans start, repeatedly this
Sometimes fans stop completely and the MacBook restarts
Copying files from The MacBook to USB Stick (3.0 ex-FAT) is extremely slow

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Honestly it just sounds like your fan is about to fail. It was cheap and easy on my 2014, but here are the instructions.

As far as user accounts, one way to do it is.
1. Backup your computer
2. Create a new admin user account with simple password
3. Delete your other user accounts.
4. Launch your apps to make sure that your account info isn't still in them.

Just restore your user accounts when you get the computer back from the service center.

lsepolis123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2022
Polis
My macbookpro fan problem fixed...
Now have to restore from Time Machine as much data as i can...
To restore Apps' data from Time Machine restore process
Needed choose restore Apps
Or Not?
Apps had Not deleted...? Only their data deleted

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.