Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
In Cover Flow my pictures look much cooler, and more "contrasty" than when I push space to preview it, or in photoshop, safari, or anything else really.

How can I change the color profile of cover flow? or fix it?

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
sorry, but I don't think you can change the color profile of cover flow alone. Maybe it has something to do with the black coverflow background?

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
no its not just the black background, you can see it change color as it zooms to preview size when you push space :confused:

I'm thinking my color profiles are damaged, when I verify my color profiles with Profile First Aid it finds 18 bad profiles, but when I click repair it doesn't do anything :(. All the damaged color profiles are Nikon.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
I'd say preview takes account of the color management embedded in OS X, while coverflow will try to render the pictures faster, without dealing with it. Hence the difference in color and contrast.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
I'd say preview takes account of the color management embedded in OS X, while coverflow will try to render the pictures faster, without dealing with it. Hence the difference in color and contrast.
Good point, I guess a point to learn is not to rely on coverflow or preview for your real work and only rely on them to get the right selection :)

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
What would be the best viewing program? Seems a little much to be forced to open Photoshop each time I wanted to view some pictures.

chocolaterabbit

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2008
Well preview is colour aware, and i find it's enough for my purposes. Maybe use Lightroom/Aperture to view photos and leave it open?

Mr Ski 73

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
I dont think you can, pressing space bar uses the same graphics as desktop I think. There are lots of differences for example iphoto and photoshop are also different.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
What would be the best viewing program? Seems a little much to be forced to open Photoshop each time I wanted to view some pictures.
I suggest iPhoto since its free or you could use Aperture or Lightroom if you feel you need a proper photo management software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.