Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
Hello guys! I just run into a YouTube video when someone replaced the camera and the battery of iPhone SE and implemented it to iPhone 5S! My question is: Is it possible to replace the camera and the battery from SE to 5S?! If yes I would be happy to replace them, at least the battery to a non-authorized reseller because in my country there aren't Apple Store!

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
Why would anyone want to do this?

Don't know man! Maybe i could understand about the battery (if it's possible!) but I think someone who doesn't want to "let go" his old iPhone but wants to have the latest upgrades!! P.S : I might create a meme about this :D

Goatllama

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2015
Mountaintop Lair
Don't know man! Maybe i could understand about the battery (if it's possible!) but I think someone who doesn't want to "let go" his old iPhone but wants to have the latest upgrades!! P.S : I might create a meme about this :D
I imagine some would like to do this for the novelty of it, similar to how they got windows to run on an :apple:Watch (I think?). I'm curious, though, how would this process result in a meme?

Reactions: pandi.ruvina

BrunoMD

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2017

Don't. This **** isn't meme worthy. Don't you know how memes work bro? Lol

Susurs

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
I think I red somewhere that there was some issues with some older 5S displays on SE ...maybe I'm wrong. Can'f find the source anymore.

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
Ok, now I was just informed by a friend of mine, that replaced the battery of her iPhone 6S with the battery of an iPhone 7, two words : f******* awesome!!! this blowed me away, i will try to post a screenshot of the battery section as soon, as I will contact her, but man as from what she told me, the phone just got brand new, crazy thing! So, now i'm willing to replace the 5S battery with one from SE! Let's hope everything goes ok!...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.