Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monster2311

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
I have iphoto '09...is there a way to merge photos together to create a panoramic image? I also have photoshop in CS4 but thought it would try the easier route first. Thanks.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Nope not to the best of my knowledge. I also don't like CS4's pic merge. I use Calico.

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I have used photoshop one and compared to Autopano Pro, it sucks.

Another vote for Autopano Pro.
Works perfectly everytime (if you have decent images with stuff that can actually tie together - pictures of a blank ocean horizon arent going to stitch together)

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
I have had great results with Photoshop CS4. There may be better applications out there but Photoshop has one big advantage: you already own it.

If you haven't done a photomerge before here's how:

• From the File menu choose Automate> Photomerge…
• A window will open, click "Browse" and select your photos
• Click "Ok"

Photoshop will start opening the images and cutting them up don't interrupt it until it's finished. There you go, one panoramic image.

If you need more help this is a pretty good video: http://www.layersmagazine.com/photoshop-cs4-photomerge.html

monster2311

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Much thanks...I looked into AutopanPro but am not inclined to spend anymore $$ than needed. I do have CS4 so i think i'll go this route. The link to the video was very helpful.

I tried Calico, but I wasn't able to find any clear directions on how to use the software. Thanks everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.