Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LightSpeed1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Washington D.C.
Does anyone have an opinion about the Creative ZiiSound T6? If so I would love to hear your feedback. I would also like to know what you think of them in comparison to the Bose Companion 3's. I am considering these two speaker systems for my MacBook Pro. I am using them for Music, Movies, and Some light gaming. Thoughts wanted.

Attachments

• Bose-Companion-3-Series-II-set.jpg
    Bose-Companion-3-Series-II-set.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2,125
  • Creative-ZiiSound-T6-Wireless-2.1-Speaker-System.jpg
    Creative-ZiiSound-T6-Wireless-2.1-Speaker-System.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,760
Last edited:

Vurius

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2011
I've got the Bose Companion 5 that I got for free when I was an intern there. The sound quality is decent, but not really worth it if you're going to pay full retail for it. As much as I like my Bose speakers, I'd really go with whatever is cheapest. You're certainly paying for the Bose name and for its marketing in the overall price, so unless you can get them for cheaper than the Creative speakers, I'd go with the Creatives.

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
I'm a fan of the Klispch Promedia's, Swan or M-Audio. The Bose you mentioned really don't sound very good considering the price and I'm struggling to understand why those Logitech's are worth $400. For $110 the Logitech z623 would probably be a much better deal.

If you are at a budget of $400 than I think the Studiophile BX5a Deluxe from M-Audio would be a good choice for sound quality.

The tough thing about speakers is it is hard to get a lot of different people to agree on speakers. Especially over the internet where you really can't hear the various options. About the only thing I've seen audiophiles agree on is that Bose stinks as does most of the other crap pushed by mass market companies.

I imagine others will post there favorite choices for this budget and I hope you'll be able to find something useful.

(Side note: I see the Logitechs you mentioned have bluetooth streaming audio support. I don't know if you've ever listened to streaming bluetooth audio but generally speaking it sounds like a steaming pile of cow poop. I have that 'feature' in my custom truck audio system and it can single handedly reduce the sound quality more than anything I've seen in a while. I believe the bitrate streamed is under 64k. iTunes compressed tracks are 256k so the bluetooth streaming would strip away roughly 75% of the audio quality for the privilege of being wireless. Now, when I'm making a phone call from my truck I love the bluetooth wireless and I use it all the time. Just not for music.)

dekka007

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2009
Forget them both save a lot of money and get the M-Audio Studiophile AV40's.

Much better than both of those and only US$150.00 check out the reviews.

LightSpeed1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Washington D.C.
After taking you thought into consideration I am focusing more on the swan M-10's and the Audiophiles AV40's. Now, I see that apple sells the AV40's, but where can a purchase the swan's, and what do you guys think about these two?

LightSpeed1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Washington D.C.
Never mind on finding the swan speakers. After a lot of research on those two speakers. I have decided to go with the black swan M10's. Ordered them today! They were only $120!

Attachments

• 179.jpg
    179.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3,930

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
Never mind on finding the swan speakers. After a lot of research on those two speakers. I have decided to go with the black swan M10's. Ordered them today! They were only $120!
My friend, unless you are a bass head, you will love those speakers. After you've had them for a few weeks go to Best Buy and play the Bose you almost bought. I bet you'll be so happy you'll mail me a twenty dollar bill for recommending Swan to you.

LightSpeed1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Washington D.C.
My friend, unless you are a bass head, you will love those speakers. After you've had them for a few weeks go to Best Buy and play the Bose you almost bought. I bet you'll be so happy you'll mail me a twenty dollar bill for recommending Swan to you.
I definitely appreciate your input, and I thought it was even cool they came in black. I had always seen the white ones.

LightSpeed1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Washington D.C.
Just tell me where to mail it. I absolutely love these speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    433.5 KB · Views: 1,389
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.