Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Hey folks. I'm just fooling around with photoshop and a couple tutorials i found on youtube. I'm not trying to create a professional looking image, just something cool looking.

This is the touched up image:
johnandjanenew.jpg

This is the original:
johnandjaneoriginal.jpg

What i did was remove some of the shiny face with the Clone stamp tool. Then changed the layer to an overlay. Gaussian Blur. Layer masked the hair, eye brows, eyes, and mouth. The reduced saturation by quite a bit. Tell me what you think...

turugara

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2009
Pennsylvania
The white balance is off with way too much yellow in the edited image. The airbrush overlay with the gaussian blur is a little too much for my taste. It makes the people look too fake in my opinion and I would hold back a little on the airbrushing.

Personally I like to keep the viewer guessing on whether the image is an original image or photoshopped. If it looks "photoshopped" its a huge turn off for me. You see way too many images that are too overdone and therefor all look the same. Have some originality in your creations.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Monitor is not calibrated.

Too much yellow. I sorta noticed that too. So i guess i'll go back to the hue and saturation and tone down the yellow.

Like i said this is nothing professional. Just playing around with a couple photos. With that said i am looking for that touched up look.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
Just needs a touch of cloning. That's all. (Okay. So it's a little botox-ey.)

Carefully choosing the area that you are cloning from is the key along with the brush size used. (I'm still in CS3. I hear they've got some new tools in CS5 for this kind of thing.)

But I'm not cloning directly on the image. I'm cloning on a transparent layer above it, then setting the opacity of that layer to 80%... just to let a little of that bright lighting show though.

Then a little teeth whitening on Jane (nothing personal... we all can use it).

BTW... she is a cutie. Maybe you can introduce me to her... as thanks for all the Photoshop tips. :p

Anyways...

Attachments

• johnandjaneoriginal.jpg
    johnandjaneoriginal.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 87

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Just needs a touch of cloning. That's all. (Okay. So it's a little botox-ey.)

Carefully choosing the area that you are cloning from is the key along with the brush size used. (I'm still in CS3. I hear they've got some new tools in CS5 for this kind of thing.)

But I'm not cloning directly on the image. I'm cloning on a transparent layer above it, then setting the opacity of that layer to 80%... just to let a little of that bright lighting show though.

Then a little teeth whitening on Jane (nothing personal... we all can use it).

BTW... she is a cutie. Maybe you can introduce me to her... as thanks for all the Photoshop tips. :p

Anyways...
Looks good. Thanks for kickin' it up a notch. Shes a really good friend of mine. I would introduce you but currently she lives half way around the world... assuming you live in the US.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.