Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twodeko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I just got back from the trip this past weekend and took a series of photographs that I was able to stitch together and create a panorama from. I was pleased with the results, but wanted to see what everyone here thought. This is my first posted photograph for critique, so don't hold comments back since there is a good chance I haven't heard it before :)

The picture was taken in the White Cloud Mountains located near Stanley, ID, on our way to climb Patterson Peak.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9908139@N07/828782703/

EDIT: Changed URL to a faster server.

Turkish

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2007
I just got back from the trip this past weekend and took a series of photographs that I was able to stitch together and create a panorama from. I was pleased with the results, but wanted to see what everyone here thought. This is my first posted photograph for critique, so don't hold comments back since there is a good chance I haven't heard it before :)

The picture was taken in the White Cloud Mountains located near Stanley, ID, on our way to climb Patterson Peak.

http://havarti.homelinux.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2401

Google "Enblend"

twodeko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Turkish,

I did and will need to wait until I get home to try that out. I did not notice much banding/color difference where the images overlap, but will see if this improves it.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
Absolutely beautiful picture. There's little I can suggest, but here it goes:

Foreground Interest
Something close to the camera in the picture would be nice-perhaps taking it from a lower perspective? I realize this is difficult with a multi-shot panorama.

Point of Interest
What pulls my eye is that ridge just to the right of center in the photo. It's really a great feature--something I'd hope to see more of in the foreground--but maybe put it to the side a bit more? I'm trying to find ways to improve this shot, but I'm grabbing at straws!

twodeko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Absolutely beautiful picture. There's little I can suggest, but here it goes:

Foreground Interest
Something close to the camera in the picture would be nice-perhaps taking it from a lower perspective? I realize this is difficult with a multi-shot panorama.

Point of Interest
What pulls my eye is that ridge just to the right of center in the photo. It's really a great feature--something I'd hope to see more of in the foreground--but maybe put it to the side a bit more? I'm trying to find ways to improve this shot, but I'm grabbing at straws!

Thanks for the compliments! I took a look at the picture and was unable to get more lower information from the scene. I like the right side of the picture more, but unfortunately someone walked in front of the camera on the far right and I had to crop him out.

I went ahead and updated my flickr gallery with a second version of the picture. I eased up the saturation and brought out some other colors, so let me know how it looks!

Second Version

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.