Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
I see up in the stickies there are/were monthly critique threads, but the links stopped at March '08. Being new to photography (beyond just taking snapshots) I'd like to have a place to get feedback on some of the photos I take.

Is there a current critque thread, and if not would people be interested in starting that back up and giving feedback? Searching turned up lots of individual requests for critiques but not a forum wide monthly thread. Or is the photo of the day the place to put that sort of stuff now? (Seemed wrong, but maybe it's easier to centralize this stuff).

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I think it would be a good idea to start up a critique thread, since the daily photo thread is more for sharing and inspiration. You'll get a few brief comments if you invite a critique or ask a pointed question about your image (e.g. "Should I have cropped this differently?"), but it's not really the place for an extended critique.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
Well, I suppose I will start one when I get home from work in about an hour, if someone doesn't beat me to it. ;) Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.