Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I have scanned in several images of my last day at school and wanted to upload them to Facebook.

The composition is off in quite a few so a few crops has made some of them better.

However, when I upload them to facebook the crops stick on some images but not on others.

I have attached an example of the aperture window and then the photo on facebook.

Anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-04 at 19.21.20.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-06-04 at 19.21.20.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen shot 2010-06-04 at 19.22.26.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-06-04 at 19.22.26.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 70

cosmokanga2

macrumors 6502a
Make sure you are export/uploading the versions and not the masters. You can also try exporting the files to your computer and then uploading. I don't use the Facebook integration in Aperture so I can't help too much.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Make sure you are export/uploading the versions and not the masters. You can also try exporting the files to your computer and then uploading. I don't use the Facebook integration in Aperture so I can't help too much.

Thanks for the thought,

If I did the version exports then I suppose that's a way around it.

It would mean having to redo all the pictures! Oh well!

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2007
Check the option to "create a new version whenever editing a master" or something like that in the advanced preferences. Then whenever you have a cropped version you can easily export it or do whatever you want with it.

Also, not to critique your technique, but for a comment on cropping and composition, try not to cut off people's feet like you have in the picture above, it creates a subtle feeling of unease in the viewer when looking at a whole body with just the feet or hands chopped off.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Also, not to critique your technique, but for a comment on cropping and composition, try not to cut off people's feet like you have in the picture above, it creates a subtle feeling of unease in the viewer when looking at a whole body with just the feet or hands chopped off.

Yeh! My composition isn't too good. When working with the waist level finder its really hard to get the composition right so thanks for the tips.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.