Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qveda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
I'm running LR2.2 on MacOSX. I crop an image in LR and hit return to 'save' that crop. When I Edit in CS4 I select the option to keep the LR edits. The image opens in CS4 in full size , not the cropped size.

I've tried this numerous times with the same result. Now that the LR2.3 upgrade is available, I'll install it and maybe that will fix something.

Is anyone else having this problem?

qveda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
dpi setting while cropping in CS4

Oh... one more question...

a friend told me to watch the "dpi" while cropping an image in Photoshop.

She said that Photoshop displays dpi info when you crop and to be sure it was not set to 72, but a higher number.

I don't see dpi info in CS4 while cropping, maybe I'm not looking in the right place. anyone know?

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
I am not a LR user but if it works at all like Aperture it doesn't bake in the edits, like crop or exposure, into the original file. If you export the edited version in LR and then open that in Photoshop that should work.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
It works fine for me with LR 2.3 and CS4 11.0 (I need to update the latter). If I crop an image and select edit in CS4 a PSD file is created reflecting the cropped image and that file is opened in PS.

If you leave the resolution setting blank in the crop tool in PS then the image size isn't altered by the operation.

qveda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
It works fine for me with LR 2.3 and CS4 11.0 (I need to update the latter). If I crop an image and select edit in CS4 a PSD file is created reflecting the cropped image and that file is opened in PS.

If you leave the resolution setting blank in the crop tool in PS then the image size isn't altered by the operation.

I just upgraded to LR2.3, and now the cropping properly opens in CS4. Must have been a bug in my LR2.2 somehow.

I must be missing it somehow, where do I find the 'resolution setting' when using the crop tool in CS4 ?

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
I must be missing it somehow, where do I find the 'resolution setting' when using the crop tool in CS4 ?

See the attached screencap.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 82

qveda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
crop vs selection tool

thanks! I'll give it another look/try

D'oh! I see my confusion now. I've been using the rectangle selection tool to select part of the image to crop, then 'crop to selection'. That's why I wasn't seeing the aspect ratio of resolution windows.

I suppose if the Resolution is left blank (default) that it defaults to the current resolution of the image - I'll try it to confirm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.