Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

POHeerwig

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
I'm hesitant to ask this ... but can anyone tell me how to crop in Adobe Lightroom? I'm confident that it's likely glaringly obvious - but I'm just not seeing it. ***Quite frankly, I feel a bit ridiculous for asking this - but my hands are up in the air at the moment. I know you can adjust the photo somewhat in the print process but it doesn't seem to have much control as a cropping tool.
Secondly, in using iPhoto 06 as front-end while externally editing in Lightroom - it doesn't seem to accept my changes when going back to iPhoto (Really, truly, see ***). It does save them in Lightbox - but, as far as I can tell, not in iPhoto.

Thanks, in advance.

POHeerwig

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
:eek: You've got to be kidding me! That's a pretty big feature to leave out. Nice layout on the program otherwise - but no ability to crop is a deal-breaker.

Thanks for letting me know ~

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Yep, that's why they put it out in the public so early, to get feedback on what features really need to be there and what can be left out. They are trying to get a feel for when images should be moved to Photoshop, and what should be in the quicky program.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
iMeowbot said:
Yep, that's why they put it out in the public so early, to get feedback on what features really need to be there and what can be left out. They are trying to get a feel for when images should be moved to Photoshop, and what should be in the quicky program.

Good synopsis. That is why it is important to give feedback on what we want from this program.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I was able to see the demo of Lightroom out at MacWorld -- it really looks like it has possibilities! When I got home I did go ahead and download it into my iMac so that I'll be able to work with it as well as with Aperture and Photoshop CS 2 when dealing with all the images I shot out in SF. Looks as though it does some things that Aperture does not, or at least in a different way.... but, yeah, that lack of a cropping tool is somewhat surprising!

It seems to me that cropping would be one of the most-used elements in a quick-and-dirty processing of one's images and if they can put that into Lightroom that would probably expedite things so that in some instances the photographer would not need to go on into PS....

iMeowbot and Chip are right: as we all work with this new beta product, it will be very important to provide feedback to Adobe so that they will know what is meaningful for the end-user and what is not.

OTB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.