Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
It worked on 9a559 after it was copied over from a Tiger partition using Migration Assistant. So yes, it works, but I haven't actually tried the installer.

fyrmedic

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
thanks

It worked on 9a559 after it was copied over from a Tiger partition using Migration Assistant. So yes, it works, but I haven't actually tried the installer.
thanks I guess I will cross my fingers in a couple of days.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
I've installed CS2 on a Leopard beta and yes, it worked fine for the short time I played with it, although the only app I've used heavily that way is Photoshop. Illustrator and Indesign also worked, but I didn't use either of them for more than an hour, so can't say that I gave it a workout.

This was on a G5 we were evaluating for possible upgrade at work.

I've also used (but not run the installer) CS2 on an Intel Mac - albeit without VersionCue (which is broken on Intel anyhow). That also seemed to be okay, but I didn't give it much of a workout.

Hopefully nothing has broken between recent betas and GM =]

fyrmedic

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Point taken. :D

But I'm fully expecting my much older Photoshop 7 :eek: to run on Leopard.
I hope that the new leopard OS will be compatible with older programs....With the change over to intel chipsets I see the support for powerpc slowly going away....If I had to guess this will probably be the last major OS upgrade that fully supports the power pc.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I hope that the new leopard OS will be compatible with older programs....With the change over to intel chipsets I see the support for powerpc slowly going away....If I had to guess this will probably be the last major OS upgrade that fully supports the power pc.

Looking at what the system requirements are for Leopard, I would hazard a guess that 10.6 will support PPC as well - Leopard's specs (867MHz G4) aren't super cutting-edge even by PPC standards. But time will tell...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.