Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Is anyone else having a problem with getting a CS3 serial number? I own a copy of CS2, the EDU version, and it appears that I can not use that number to get a CS3 serial. Is that correct or just a bug at Adobe? I would love to use CS3 because I like the speed on my MBP C2D but I can't a beta serial. Any help would be great.

Thanks, JohnMC.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Education versions of software are normally not valid for upgrades so I'd assume you are not valid for the beta either. This is the downside to that rock bottom pricing.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Unless it's part of a volume license, the CS2 EDU license should be valid for the Photoshop CS3 beta.

Linky

Who is eligible for the Photoshop CS3 beta?

The Photoshop CS3 beta is available in English only but to Photoshop CS2 users worldwide. It is available to licensed users of either the Photoshop CS2 (full, upgrade, and education), Adobe Creative Suite 2 Standard or Premium (full, upgrade, and education), Adobe Production Studio Standard and Premium (full, upgrade, and education), Adobe Video Bundle (full, upgrade, and education) or Adobe Web Bundle (full, upgrade, and education). You will need to provide your Photoshop CS2, Creative Suite, Production Studio or Bundle serial number in order to get a Photoshop CS3 beta serial number, enabling you to activate the Photoshop beta and use it beyond the 2-day grace period.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Thanks

Ok, thanks guys. So does anyone have any idea why my serial number will not work? Do I need to contact Adobe about this? Any idea's would be great.

Thanks Again, JohnMC.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Now that my previous theory has been shown to be rubbish I'd say phone. The web is littered with people who's full retail CS2 serials won't validate for the beta. See the dpreview forums for a selection.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Ok, thanks guys. So does anyone have any idea why my serial number will not work? Do I need to contact Adobe about this? Any idea's would be great.

Yeah, I would probably contact Adobe and see what's up.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Is it true that you can use the beta for 30 days without a serial? This could be a short-term solution until you sort out the problem.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Is it true that you can use the beta for 30 days without a serial? This could be a short-term solution until you sort out the problem.

You get a two-day trial without the serial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.