Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HMI

Contributor
Original poster
May 23, 2012
Curious Question:

I thought the virtual machine version of iOS on Mac seemed cool, but then Apple said something very brief during the AI segment about having access to an image of your device “for third-party verification purposes.”

I don’t remember the exact words they said, but I was hoping someone might comment on that. Am I connected two things together correctly, or am I just wrong about that?

Please let me know. Thanks.

NT1440

macrumors Pentium
May 18, 2008
Curious Question:

I thought the virtual machine version of iOS on Mac seemed cool, but then Apple said something very brief during the AI segment about having access to an image of your device “for third-party verification purposes.”

I don’t remember the exact words they said, but I was hoping someone might comment on that. Am I connected two things together correctly, or am I just wrong about that?

Please let me know. Thanks.
The image, referring to the OS. Not your individual iPhone.

Like a disk image, they’re giving security researchers access to the server image and device images to verify their security posture and find any flaws for the Bug Bounty program.

It’s an industry term, not access to your phone.

Reactions: HMI

HMI

Contributor
Original poster
May 23, 2012
The image, referring to the OS. Not your individual iPhone.

Like a disk image, they’re giving security researchers access to the server image and device images to verify their security posture and find any flaws for the Bug Bounty program.

It’s an industry term, not access to your phone.
Ok. Cool. Thanks.

Reactions: NT1440
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.