Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2012

Assuming there are tons of Apple enthusiasts here who like me entered a truly new world of gaming with Myst, I'm actually surprised there wasn't already a thread about this game here on MacRumors! But, at the last minute then, here we go.

28 hours left on the Kickstarter campaign, which at this point looks sure to be funded, so get in while you still can: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1252280491/firmament

The Mac (and PS4) version is part of their stretch goal which I am confident will be met since they'll keep the campaign going even after it's funded. But, as a devoted Mac user myself I backed it anyway. Even if there would be no Mac version I'd just play it on Windows on my Mac. But again though, I'm confident that the Mac version will become reality, especially given Cyan's long standing relationship with Apple since Myst. And personally I will never forget the first time I entered their worlds on my Quadra back in the mid 90's...

And just in case: the game is set to be released on both VR and non-VR at the same time, and it will not be a VR-only game.
[doublepost=1556216052][/doublepost]...and we're FUNDED!!! :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.