Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmyjimmyjimmy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
hi everyone i have a d300 camera and yet cannot get the raw images onto my photoshop via iphoto

i import them as tifs instead

can someone help me to get the raw files onto photoshop??

thank you from the jimmyjimmy

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
hi everyone i have a d300 camera and yet cannot get the raw images onto my photoshop via iphoto

i import them as tifs instead

can someone help me to get the raw files onto photoshop??

thank you from the jimmyjimmy

First off Photoshop can't handle RAW images. That's what Adobe Camera RAW does. If you try to open a raw image in PS then PS starts up camera raw for you

I don't think iPhoto will do what you want. But the good news is that no information is lost if the TIFF files are 16-bits per channel.

You would have to import the images into a folder using Image Capture then open them in Adobe's Camera Raw, save them then move them to iPhoto. The reverse order of are doing now

Either that or continue on like you are or,...

I use Aperture but still don't transfer the RAW images to Photoshop. I process the images in Aperture as much as I can then send then to PS using the PSD format files. This way PS never sees the raw files only color corected PSDs. You could do that in iPhoto too.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
You should be able to launch Photoshop from iPhoto when editing a RAW file just fine, the issue is likely that Photoshop well Adobe Camera Raw actually, needs to be updated to include support for the D300 RAW file format.

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
You should be able to launch Photoshop from iPhoto when editing a RAW file just fine, the issue is likely that Photoshop well Adobe Camera Raw actually, needs to be updated to include support for the D300 RAW file format.

Actually, Camera RAW supports the D300 since version 5. However, Camera RAW version 5 and later are not supported by CS3...

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Actually, Camera RAW supports the D300 since version 5. However, Camera RAW version 5 and later are not supported by CS3...

Bad wording on my part... I meant the original poster's Adobe Camera RAW version likely needs to be upgraded not ACR itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.