Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beloved84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
i just ordered a d50 and by chance i found an old SMC Pentax-M 1:1.7 50mm laying around the house. Will it work with the d50 and how is the lense?

coldrain

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2006
The old primes from Pentax are very good, better than just about any other make.You can of course mount them on a Pentax K100D. But only with manual focus. So, if you want to explore what this little gem can do, you should cancel the order for the D50 and get a K100D instead, with image stabilization in-body.

uberfoto

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2006
The old primes from Pentax are very good, better than just about any other make.You can of course mount them on a Pentax K100D. But only with manual focus. So, if you want to explore what this little gem can do, you should cancel the order for the D50 and get a K100D instead, with image stabilization in-body.

Meh, the Pentax is a good camera but I would rather have the D50 personally. Keep the D50. You can pick up a Nikkor 50mm 1.8 and 50mm 1.4 for $100 and $300 respectively.

The Pentax might be more enticing once they refresh their lens offerings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.