Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camexp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Hey, I finally decided on buying a d60 and an 18-70mm lens. However, I can't find a d60 body only, does anybody have suggestions or stores?

camexp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Soniccameras

YEAH!?!?! I tried soniccameras, and then found out it was a SCAM. Had to cancel my credit card. Bad idea, I hope that you don't order from there or any other place besides adorama, b and h, or amazon.

arogge

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
It looks like the D60 camera isn't yet available without a kit lens. At least one local store is accepting pre-orders for this item.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Why not try your local camera store? I know that the camera store near where I live sells most bodies without the kit lens (and vice versa :))

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
It would probably be best to get the D60 kit and just sell the lens!

The 18-55 VR lens it comes with is fairly new and goes for a fair price on ebay.

camexp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Are you guys sure all those sites are reliable? And do they include the usb cable, battery, charger, etc.?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Are you guys sure all those sites are reliable? And do they include the usb cable, battery, charger, etc.?

Newegg and Adorama are both well known and reliable pretty much on the same level as Amazon and B&H. Although all have made mistakes none of them are out to scam you.

Newegg and B&H are likely tied for most reliable and honest sites on the Internet. They both seem to have a "cult-like" following of devoted customers

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
NewEgg is great, in fact just today I was shocked to find a hard drive waiting for me when I got home that I had ordered from NewEgg only two days ago. I selected the free shipping option, so I thought it might take a while to get here, but they got it to me pronto. I can now take another 500GB of photos...woohoo!!. :)

camexp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
hey, thnx for all the help, however, the d60 body is not in stock in newegg, adorama, b and h, or amazon. Could you tell me which link you got it off of?

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
I saw the D60 at Costco with two VR lenses, bag and not sure what else, but for a little over $800 I thought that might be a good deal.?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.