Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
Well it's starting to happen and very unfortunately I cannot afford (not money wise) to send the camera to Nikon at this time, but I had heard that a while ago on the interweb there was a fix for it (not permeant obviously) that would let you get around it / stop it when it starts happening. So does anyone know of this fix or where to find it?

PS For those Canon users or people that don't know what the Blinking Green Light of Death is... it's when the CF card light, starts blinking and the camera locks up. If you take the battery out it will just start up again when the battery goes back in. It's a real bitch :\ luckily Nikon had said they will fix it for free if it happens so the camera will be going in eventually.

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Benjamindaines said:
Well it's starting to happen and very unfortunately I cannot afford (not money wise) to send the camera to Nikon at this time, but I had heard that a while ago on the interweb there was a fix for it (not permeant obviously) that would let you get around it / stop it when it starts happening. So does anyone know of this fix or where to find it?

PS For those Canon users or people that don't know what the Blinking Green Light of Death is... it's when the CF card light, starts blinking and the camera locks up. If you take the battery out it will just start up again when the battery goes back in. It's a real bitch :\ luckily Nikon had said they will fix it for free if it happens so the camera will be going in eventually.

I haven't heard of a temporary fix, but how can you not afford to send the camera to Nikon? You said it wasn't monetary, but what good is a dead (essentially) camera?

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
beavo451 said:
but what good is a dead (essentially) camera?
It's not dead, most of the time it works fine but it kicks into it's "death mode" every now and then. I need the camera for something that I'm working on right now, but as soon as I'm done it's off to Nikon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.