Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ribbonthecat

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2006
Chicago, IL
When I plug my D70 into my computer by way of USB, the memory card no longer appears on my desktop, and iPhoto cannot find or import photos from the camera. I don't think it's a problem with my computer's USB ports, or with the cable, but with the camera itself.

Does anybody have suggestions for what to do?

alembic

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
From what you wrote it seems you were able to access images from the D70's CF card but now you are unable to do so?

If you don't have any images on the card now, go to the D70's utilities menu (shaped like a wrench if I remember correctly) and do a format of the CF card and see if that helps.

Also, do you have a USB CF card reader? If so, try to see if the card mounts in Finder after plugging in the reader.

Finally, try using another CF card in the D70. If that mounts, then your original card is faulty. Good luck!

QuantumLo0p

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2006
U.S.A.
Hopefully you are not starting to experience this...

Nikon Service Advisory:
" While only a limited number of D70 cameras are affected by this advisory, if (1) when a memory card is inserted, your D70's memory card access lamp blinks, locking camera operations and preventing operation, or (2) with no memory card inserted, the camera will not turn on despite the battery indicator showing a fully charged battery, Nikon Inc. will service it free of charge."

The wierd thing about my D70 was it gradually degraded then eventually the...BLINKING GREEN LIGHT OF DEATH!!!

If anyone needs the Nikon link...
http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=13688

BTW, when I first had my F100 then my D70, I would change many custom settings at once and bugger it up. Thankfully a menu reset cures this but then all my good tweaks would have to be re-entered. I've learned my lesson and have not had to reset for a looong time. ;o)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.