Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huggy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2011
Few of the bottom pins on the female lightning port are bent (see image). Out of warranty and no AppleCare. Anyone got an idea how much it will cost to replace? Should also add I've been using apple branded lightning cables so have no real idea how this suddenly happened, lint possibly.

Hoping to avoid the £556 replacement fee which is extortionate. I have an appointment next week at the Genuis bar so until then I won't know how much this is going to cost to fix...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 7,091

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Looks like something was forced into the opening...that's the only conceivable way the pins would be bent like that.

Lint?...NO!

No idea on repair costs. Applecare on the 12.9 is recommended.

Cameroncafe10a

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2016
I had to return my iPad Pro 9.7" after the Lightning port died (only 3 months old at the time), but luckily I got a free replacement from Apple.

jabbawok

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2004
Worcestershire
Few of the bottom pins on the female lightning port are bent (see image). Out of warranty and no AppleCare. Anyone got an idea how much it will cost to replace? Should also add I've been using apple branded lightning cables so have no real idea how this suddenly happened, lint possibly.

Hoping to avoid the £556 replacement fee which is extortionate. I have an appointment next week at the Genuis bar so until then I won't know how much this is going to cost to fix...
What did they end up Charging you? Im in a similar predicament with my 9.7 pro, though theres no visible sign of damage in the port.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Probably 5 years too late for this but if you still have your iPad, you can charge it with a Logitech Base via the SmartConnector, the 3 dots on the side of your iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.