Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

latricemichelle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
Did you know that Apple is fixing the "BLACK SCREEN" and/or backlight issue at no cost for all 13 & 15" MacBook's purchased between 2016-2018. Im so happy!! My MacBook Pro 13" w/4 thunderbolt ports screen went out last week. I first called Apple Care who advised me after a couple of failed troubleshooting attempts that it would cost me $600 to fix the hardware. What!!! I hung-up and went elsewhere to a local computer repair shop who then advised me about the known issue concerning my computers screen and that Apple will fix at NO COST per their website information & instructions provided. I immediately contacted Apple Care and demanded in a nice manner, that my MacBook Pro be fixed under these circumstances. I was immediately shipped out a return kit overnight and sent in my laptop. I got it back within 4 days, FIXED! And the best part besides the fact it cost me nothing, was that all may data that I did not have backed-up was still on my computer when I got it back!!!!! YIPPY!! Aside from the run-around in the beginning with Apple Care, I'm overall very pleased that Apple takes care of their product repairs rather quickly!

Reactions: panzer06

Hankcah

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
Did you know that Apple is fixing the "BLACK SCREEN" and/or backlight issue at no cost for all 13 & 15" MacBook's purchased between 2016-2018. Im so happy!! My MacBook Pro 13" w/4 thunderbolt ports screen went out last week. I first called Apple Care who advised me after a couple of failed troubleshooting attempts that it would cost me $600 to fix the hardware. What!!! I hung-up and went elsewhere to a local computer repair shop who then advised me about the known issue concerning my computers screen and that Apple will fix at NO COST per their website information & instructions provided. I immediately contacted Apple Care and demanded in a nice manner, that my MacBook Pro be fixed under these circumstances. I was immediately shipped out a return kit overnight and sent in my laptop. I got it back within 4 days, FIXED! And the best part besides the fact it cost me nothing, was that all may data that I did not have backed-up was still on my computer when I got it back!!!!! YIPPY!! Aside from the run-around in the beginning with Apple Care, I'm overall very pleased that Apple takes care of their product repairs rather quickly!

Are you sure this is for the 15inch too? Did you have AppleCare? What exactly did you say?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.