Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad-User

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
Macbook pro late 2013 with MacOS Mojave

Dark mode was working flawlessly. At some point I installed NightOwl and continued to work perfectly up until one of the latest updates of the OS to 10.14.2 or to a newer version of NightOwl. I cannot pinpoint the exact time.

The issue is that now if I change to dark mode there are many native apps that do not change, e.g. finder window does not change, notes do not change, safari does not change, mail does not change. The strange thing is that the dock changes as well as the top bar.

The issue remains even when I delete NightOwl, which I am not even sure that it affects the functionality.
Do you have any idea how can I restore dark mode again to its normal behaviour?

Thanks for your help

Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 10.22.51.png
Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 10.23.10.png

objektør

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2014
At home
Macbook pro late 2013 with MacOS Mojave

Dark mode was working flawlessly. At some point I installed NightOwl and continued to work perfectly up until one of the latest updates of the OS to 10.14.2 or to a newer version of NightOwl. I cannot pinpoint the exact time.

The issue is that now if I change to dark mode there are many native apps that do not change, e.g. finder window does not change, notes do not change, safari does not change, mail does not change. The strange thing is that the dock changes as well as the top bar.

The issue remains even when I delete NightOwl, which I am not even sure that it affects the functionality.
Do you have any idea how can I restore dark mode again to its normal behaviour?

Thanks for your help

View attachment 815266 View attachment 815267

Same here on my rMB 2015 on latest Mojave.
I cannot pinpoint either when it started to malfunction. Even with NightOwl deleted my dark mode doesn't work as it used to. Only the menubar goes into dark.
Reported to NightOwl but haven't heard anything.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Same here on my rMB 2015 on latest Mojave.
I cannot pinpoint either when it started to malfunction. Even with NightOwl deleted my dark mode doesn't work as it used to. Only the menubar goes into dark.
Reported to NightOwl but haven't heard anything.
Hi. I wrote too to NightOwl. The owner emailed me back after I congratulated him for his nice app, but after I reported the same behavior you mention after Mojave update, I never heard from him. Guess h'es rewriting his app.

iPad-User

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
I deleted NightOwl and after a few days of on/off of the MacBook, Dark Mode is finally back !!! Works perfect again, with all software, including Microsoft's Office for Mac :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.