Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jje1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
I am trying to extract emails from emails sent to my mail(version 9.3) app to create a excel spreadsheet for use in email blasts, etc.

For example, my friend forwards me an email with an email attached that has the emails I want.

Does anyone have any advice other that manually copying and pasting. Thanks so much for you help.

JJE1

Kissmyne

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
Have them forward all of the original emails, Once received, select all the messages you are wanting for this purpose, then Go to File>Export to PDF(in Mail), I recommend you create a folder for this task... and then point it to save in the folder..(Create a folder named "Emails" on the desktop for example.. and then point the Export function to that folder)... each email will generate a separate PDF file(as tested) which should make it super simple to import into a spread sheet. I hope this helps

FYI, this will take some time for it to bulk export like this.. So grab a coffee or something while your Mac completes this task.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.