Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
Whenever I import a photo into a Journal entry, Day One prompts me to set the entry's date/time to that of the photo and every time I say no since I always manually set the date.

I don't see a way to disable it in the application preferences, but perhaps there is a hacky way to disable it? I searched on google and did not find an answer. I also sent the Day One team a feature request to allow the user to disable this prompt.

In the meantime, I have dismiss this prompt a few times a day since I journal frequently. I'm hoping to find a way to disable it before I tear out my remaining hair.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
Update - I've reported this issue again today as Day One still has not fixed it. Feel free to reuse my template in your report of the issue.

Feedback to Day one 20181121
Issue: Application prompts to change date on journal entry to match inserted photo

When inserting a photo into a journal entry, the application prompts the user to either change the date time on the journal entry to match the photo or to leave it at its current setting. It does this every time an photo is inserted with no option to turn it off or to remember the setting and no longer prompt the user with the same question each time.

When inserting a photo into a journal entry, the application prompts the user to either change the date time on the journal entry to match the photo or to leave it at its current setting. It does this every time an photo is inserted with no option to turn it off or to remember the setting and no longer prompt the user with the same question each time.

The expected behavior is to be able to disable this prompt in the settings​

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 07.55.45.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 07.55.45.png
    265.4 KB · Views: 74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.