Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
So I do the update to 11, and now have a list of apps that won't run on 11. Forgive me if there is another list somewhere, but perhaps there should be a list pinned somewhere so people know what apps they might actually use are going to be dead post-11 update. Some are surprising. Some, marked with '$' I 'bought'.

Indecision
Blue Note
Asimov
marillion
Intellicast
FlightControl
Chickenfoot
Airsleep $
COSMOS
Tag
Seadragon
Embark DC
RS Official
Sudoku Book
SciFiBooklist
Rabbids
PocketCloud $
iFractal
CC: Stand-Up
Embark NYC
[doublepost=1505910376][/doublepost]I want to go back to iOS 10!!!

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
In advance of updating, there were several articles explaining how to check, off the top of my head it was SETTINGS >> GENERAL >> APPS and then *if* you had incompatible apps, there was an extra selection that would show them so you could make a decision, hold off, pre-shop replacements, contact the devs, check the dev status (an app without an update in like 2 years is probably EOL'ed).

I'm assuming some developers/shops just didn't get to it yet, so if there's been pretty continuous updates, I'm sure they'll eventually comply with the iOS 11 requirements.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Sorry for your trouble, but Apple made it clear to app developers back in 2013 that the switch from 32 bit to 64 bit apps was going to happen. Since last year, customers were made aware as well when they tried to launch these apps. If developers have not updated their apps by now, you should contact them for an explanation.

Reactions: PinkyMacGodess
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.